Monday, September 19, 2011

What should we name our baby BOY?


(A profile picture of the little guy. Looks like maybe he is growing a goatee.)

We finally (now that I am 29 weeks along) had our ultrasound recently and found out we are expecting another BOY! We are really super excited. Graham kept telling us all along that it was a boy, and we agreed with him. He is quite an intuitive child. We have yet to agree with him on names for this new little boy, however. From the beginning, Graham has said that he wants to name the baby Pirate. Now Pirate Hatch does have a nice ring to it, but would a child really forgive us for doing that to him?

Here are Graham's other name suggestions:

-Michael Jordan (his current favorite)

-John Stockton (probably Alex's favorite)

-Buckeyes (which he thought was really hilarious)

-Pig (which was Emma's favorite. Lately she says we should name him Hatch.)

At least Graham has been contributing his share of suggestions.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

We are struggling SO MUCH with deciding on a name for our little guy, too. Anabelle thinks we should name him either Boy or Simba. Mike still throws in Optimus occasionally, but Ani and I immediately turn it down (again) each time. This is tough!

Hansen Family said...

Another boy! How exciting. I love the names that have been suggested. That is so exciting to be having a boy. Congratulations! Miss you guys!

Abby said...

Ammon has been reviewing family history back four generations, here are some family names you could choose from :) I'll put stars by my favorite!

Lear
Van Ransler**
Darrell
Wynn
Carnes
Haskell...Haskell Hatch ?
Willard- family name, and reminder of Logan!
Isaac
Mitchell
Thomas
Houston...We might have to use this one, we have a monopoly on all "H" names, you know.
Blythe
Robert
Henry...this one too.
Chester**
Davis
James
William
Nobel**
George
Washington
Barnett
Adolphus**
Rennie
Morris
Edrick** (He's actually 5th generation, but a really cool name!)

Pirate Pig Hatch does have some a nice ring to it don't you think?

Michael Jordan, John Stockton? Why not? My cousin just named his daughter Payton Manning. For reals.

I really like your Dad's name Laura, and it seems to have the same feeling as Graham's name.

I'll be excited to hear what you and Alex choose.

Anonymous said...

It's exciting to have so many new baby cousins in the Hatch family. I haven't put any time or effort into looking up baby names for a while, but I love the names Kimball although I may be partial to "K" names. Not a big fan of Chester (sorry Abby and any Chester's out there). Kadance would be with Emma on Pig, she absolutely loves pigs, but she might cute it up a bit, maybe Pigly.
Love and miss you guys!

colleen said...

I heard a story once, (probably told by my mom) about an Indian with a very unusual name who usually received inquiries about how he got his name. He said "my dad just looked out the door and gave me the name of the first thing he saw"--hence the name Squatting Dog. As I mentioned to Alex, you can just go for a drive and pick a name from the scenery you see along the way.

Robyn said...

I'm excited for you guys! Graham and Emma's suggestions are so cute! Sam doesn't quite get what's going on, but when I showed him the ultrasound he said "Doggy - woof, woof!"